The best day of my life

by destinyflores


December 3rd 2013 I woke up… even though I was not able to eat for 8-12 hours before my scheduled c-section the excitement of knowing I would meet the little man who had been kicking and pushing from the inside of me for months took over the feeling of starvation.

I was scheduled for a c section at 12:30 and arrived at the hospital at 10:30 for prep. I had one last ultrasound to prove the baby was still in fact head up and hadn’t magically turned (which he hadn’t). After the ultrasound we went over the birth plan and I had to make the decision on who I wanted in the room with me. I had initially wanted both my mom and Marcus in with me as I gave birth (vaginally) but since it was a big surgery they only allowed one 😦 Of course I chose Marcus but it was hard breaking the news to my mom.

It was time for surgery! Finalyl at about 1:30 they called me in! I went in alone at first and got my spinal injection which would numb me from the breasts down… this was the weirdest experience by far. My lower body felt heavy and out of my control. I felt paralyzed! I could feel touch but had no idea if it was hot or cold or painful. They called Marcus in as soon as they made the incision. It took about 7 minutes from the incision to the moment Miles came out ! I felt tons of pressure and tugging and then a sort of relief as the injected me with morphine the moment he was out.

They showed me a bloody, creamy, crying little baby over the curtain separating me from seeing what was going on then they took him to the side nursery table to be checked, cleaned, weighed etc.
Marcus followed….
I laid there in a feeling of ecstasy awaiting the moment where I would finally get to see my little guy up close and personal.

They brought Miles over and laid him on my neck. This was the feeling I had heard so much about. INSTANT LOVE, INSTANT CONNECTION. FOR LIFE.

After a few minutes they had to take him away for further tests in the nursery and I was to get stitched up and start the recovery process. Marcus followed Miles and I laid there for another 30 minutes getting closed up and wheeled off to the recovery room. I had to wait close to 3 hours before seeing him again, which was a TOTAL dissapointment on the hospitals end considering they lost my paperwork and didn’t check on the status of my recovery as often as they should have.

well well…. I was finally reunited with my little man and things started to escalate as I was a new mom and my life with this little being had just begun… My whole family was there (mom, dad, brother and sister from LA) and we all couldn’t wait to hold and love him.

Time to try breastfeeding!…..

will post more after Yoga this afternoon!
XOXO puss puss